Reasons for hair fall
Our hair goes through a cycle that involves growing, resting and shedding of them. As a fact, a person loses around 100 hair daily. Hair loss is normal and due to our unhealthy lifestyle, we experience aggressive hair loss. The problem is quite common with women and men both nowadays. Some other reasons for hair fall include aging, genes, medications, medical issues, pollution, stress, hormonal imbalance, deficiencies, wrong hair products, hair styling, etc. How to prevent hair loss is not a difficult job, but it needs dedication, consistency and patience.
How to prevent hair loss
1. Shampoo – Washing your scalp regularly prevents hair loss. Understanding your scalp type is vital to choose the correct shampoo for it. Wash your hair depending upon your scalp type. If you have an oily scalp, you can wash your tresses up to thrice a week, but for dry locks, no more than twice a week. Over-washing of strands also leads to hair fall.
Furthermore, use mild shampoos as they gently cleanse your hair. Harsh shampoos contain chemicals like sulfate, paraben and silicone which causes hair breakage hence leads to hair loss.
2. Conditioning – Conditioning makes hair lustrous. A good conditioner contains amino acids that help to repair damaged hair and it keeps them smooth.
3. Mediterranean diet – A rich diet containing raw vegetables and fresh herbs, such as the Mediterranean diet reduces and slows down the process of androgenic alopecia (female or male pattern baldness).
4. Exercising – Intake of a balanced diet with a regular workout like yoga prevents hair loss.
5. Oiling – Oiling boosts blood circulation and nourishes the roots. Massage your scalp once a week with oil. Cover your hair with a shower cap and wash them off with a mild shampoo after two hours.
Natural remedies for how to prevent hair loss
6. Egg mask – Eggs are a rich source of sulphur, phosphorous, selenium, iodine, zinc and protein, which promotes hair growth. Steps to prepare a mask:
1. Separate one egg white in a bowl.
2. Add a teaspoon of olive oil and honey to it.
3. Beat it well and prepare a paste. Apply it all over from root to tips.
4. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse with a mild shampoo.
Other Relate Articles:
7. Licorice root – The herb prevents hair fall and damage to your curls. It soothes the scalp and gets rid of dandruff.
1. Make a paste by adding a tablespoon of ground licorice root and a quarter teaspoon of saffron into one cup of milk.
2. Apply it directly from roots to tip and leave it on overnight.
3. Wash your hair normally the next morning.
4. Repeat this twice a week.
8. Onion juice – Onion possesses anti-bacterial properties that help fight against scalp infections. The sulfur content enhances blood circulation to the hair follicles. It helps with hair growth and controls loss of hair. Steps to use it:
1. Extract onion juice by grinding onion and later on squeezing it.
2. Dip a cotton ball in the juice and apply it to your scalp.
3. Leave it on for half an hour and then rinse it off with mild shampoo.
9. Coconut oil – Coconut oil helps to prevent hair loss and damage from hair styling & UV rays exposure. Coconut oil contains lauric acid that binds protein in hair hence, prevents breakage. Coconut oil massage promotes blood flow to the scalp and rejuvenates hair.
10. Aloe vera – Aloe vera is also your key to how to prevent hair loss. It is an effective home remedy to stop hair loss and to boost hair growth. It is also effective in reducing scalp problems like itching and flaking.
1. Take the stalk of Aloe Vera and extract its pulp.
2. Apply the paste directly to your hair and scalp.
3. Leave it for about 45 minutes.
4. Rinse with normal water. You can do this thrice or quad times a week to see better results.
What are the best vitamin to stop hair loss
11. Multivitamins – Studies have proved that vitamins A, B, C, D, iron, selenium, and zinc are vital for hair growth and retention processes.
12. Vitamin D – Vitamin D contains non-scarring alopecia. It can treat your deficiencies and help with the regrowth of locks.
13. Biotin – Biotin is associated with the fatty acid synthesis in the body. It is essential to the hair life cycle. The deficiency of biotin may lead to hair loss.
If you are experiencing sudden or excess hair loss, set an appointment with your doctor. Some health conditions may also lead to hair loss such as thyroid. In health-related cases, home remedies might not respond.
So, if you are wondering how to prevent hair loss, remember the mantra of a nutrient-rich diet and nourished strands. This mantra will help you in achieving healthy and stronger tresses.